Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business who are seeking a part time Accounts Assistant to join their dynamic Finance Team on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
The Accounts Assistant will assist with daily accounting tasks to ensure timely and accurate month end reporting and play a crucial role in supporting the transition to a new company-wide ERP system.
The successful Accounts Assistant will join a team of six experienced finance professionals, primarily collaborating with the two Finance Assistants and Accounts Assistant, and report directly to the Financial Controller.
Key Responsibilities for the Accounts Assistant:
- Knowledge of Accounts systems and a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Accounts Environment.
- Reconciling bank accounts daily and processing all transactions related to this including inter-company entries.
- Collation and set up of twice monthly supplier payments in Excel for authorisation by the Financial Controller and Finance Director.
- Set payments up as required in the bank.
- Supplier account statement reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with the Accounts Assistants and provide support at busy times to include Supplier invoice entry.
- Accounts Payable email management alongside the Accounts Assistant.
- Ensuring Supplier accounts are audit ready and setting up new suppliers for the Purchasing Department in Sage to be transferred to the ERP System.
- Assist with Accruals and Prepayments, collation and posting to Sage.
- Help with maintaining the Fixed Asset Register.
- Assisting with the preparation of half-year, interim and year-end audit.
- Assisting with the production of ad-hoc financial information as and when required.
Essential Skills & Experience for the Accounts Assistant:
- Working knowledge of Accounts packages and Excel within an Accounts Environment is essential.
- Driven to achieve results accurately and on time, to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Proven ability to build relationships and communicate effectively within and across departments to achieve the desired results.
- Lunchtime finishes on a Friday.
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Christmas closure.
If your skills and experience match this Accounts Assistant opportunity, we encourage you to apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org