Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading Global Satellite Operator that provides reliable and secure satellite-delivered voice and high-speed data communications solutions to broadcast, telecommunications, corporate and government customers worldwide. They require an Antenna Engineering Specialist – SATCOM in Ontario, Canada to provide technical expertise for LEO constellation satellite antenna systems with a focus on the digital beamforming Direct Radiating Array antennas.
This includes initial satellite antenna performance definition and implementation, requirement definition, antenna optimization support, antenna subsystem design, qualification, manufacturing and integration monitoring, antenna performance verification, and in-orbit testing (IOT) and commissioning.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite network that will revolutionize global broadband connectivity for enterprise users, by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fibre-like speeds.
Responsibilities for the Antenna Engineering Specialist – SATCOM:
- Perform antenna performance definition using simulation software for antenna analysis, modelling and design.
- Support satellite system designs by defining on-board satellite resources, including antenna subsystems accommodation.
- Define satellite antenna performance requirements as part of RFPs to be issued to the Space Industry.
- Review, evaluate and negotiate antenna subsystem performances with potential manufacturers.
- Actively participate in the antenna subsystem optimization process, following contract signature to ensure performance requirements are met.
Experience required by the Antenna Engineering Specialist – SATCOM:
- Masters of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in antenna system design (Space Industry experience is preferred).
- Proficiency in TICRA Grasp and SATSOFT and other antenna performance simulation software.
- Good knowledge of MathWorks MATLAB.
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more SATCOM opportunities in our job section here.