Assistant Vice President of Systems Engineering – Airborne Specialist
Holt Executive are partnered with a leading Satellite Communications business that offer multi-mission satellite services in more than 150 countries across the globe.
They have an immediate requirement for an experienced Assistant Vice President of Systems Engineering to be responsible for the Systems Engineering of Airborne communications systems including on-board network, line of sight and SATCOM systems.
Supporting the commercial sales team in generating technical proposals for Airborne systems. Leads project requirements and design processes as designated design authority through project Preliminary and Critical Design processes, including the presentation at customer design reviews and the generation of design documents and drawings.
Key Responsibilities for Assistant Vice President of Systems Engineering:
- Manage the design of projects, ensuring that high quality design solutions are successfully delivered. Manage technical risks and assume design authority accountability for delegated projects, overseeing design evolution through to design validation and system requirements verification
- Provide innovative and cost-effective technical proposals and initiatives to support business development
- Oversee the realisation of designs, managing design problems throughout the project lifecycle, controlling design changes through robust design configuration and change control
- Manage Final Design Reviews, design certification and completion of End Item Data Packs
- Support Post Delivery design issues, providing advice to in-service support teams and resolving latent design problems
- Ensure customer’s satisfaction assuring their trust and credibility to successfully deliver technical solutions.
Experience Required for Assistant Vice President of Systems Engineering:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent, Telecommunications and Electrical are a plus.
- Master of Science in Engineering is a plus.
- 10+ years in senior project technical roles on airborne satellite communications or line of sight datalink projects.