Holt Executive are supporting a leader in the global aerospace industry. Our client provides MRO services and is the principal aircraft repair and overhaul service in Europe. They are currently recruiting for multiple experienced Avionics Technicians/B2 Mechanics in Birmingham.
Rates: Inside IR35, £27 p/h. Outside IR35, £23 p/h.
Contract length: 6 months max.
The successful Avionics Technicians/B2 Mechanics will be working on bespoke aircraft modification programmes alongside an experienced avionics team and will have an in-depth knowledge of installing complex wiring harnesses and modifications.
Key Responsibilities for the Avionics Technicians/B2 Mechanics:
- An in-depth Avionics role that will be both challenging and rewarding. Full removal and strip of equipment. Installation of complex wiring harnesses and modifications to existing wiring, within Avionic shelves and panels. All aspects of electrical and avionics work will be involved, including:
- Wiring terminations and testing
- Removal and installation of various shelves, panels and equipment.
- Loom Manufacture and testing.
- Assist with Systems testing.
The successful Avionics Technicians/B2 Mechanics will have:
- Completed an engineering apprenticeship- ideally in Aeronautical engineering or military equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years aircraft experience.
- Previous aircraft production experience, modification experience or Military aircraft experience desirable.
- Excellent hand skills.
- Reliability and adaptability.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Eligible to work and live in the UK
- Subject to UK security Vetting