Holt Executive are supporting a leader in the global aerospace industry. Our client provides MRO services and is the principal aircraft repair and overhaul service in Europe. They are currently recruiting for B1 Licensed Engineers in Birmingham.
Rates: Outside IR35, £35 p/h or inside IR35, £42 p/h.
Contract Length: 6 months maximum.
The successful B1 licensed engineers will join an experienced team of structures technicians and supervisors within an in-depth structures role, which will be both challenging and rewarding. You will be responsible for helping to co-ordinate the team’s tasks, perform inspections and the certification of completed high standard work packages, during the extensive modification and production program. Function checks will also be required during the modification stages and extensively at the latter part of each aircraft completion.
Key Responsibilities for the B1 Licensed Engineers:
- Removal of major structural sections/Items, whilst stress jacked.
- Working to fine tolerances and high standards.
- Implementing high standards of housekeeping.
- Adhering to company and manufacturers procedures.
- Assist in the Implementation of modifications from drawings and procedures.
- Stage inspections and final inspection of modifications.
The successful B1 Licensed Engineers will have:
- Completed aircraft engineering apprenticeship, production or Live aircraft.
- Minimum of 8 years live aircraft and or production (structures) experience.
- 8 years certifying experience as a B1.
- Hold a B1 B737NG Licence and be recent.
- Experience implementing large modifications.
- Excellent knowledge of interpreting manufacturers drawings and SRMs.
- Able to perform mapping and feedback of any abnormalities to manufacturers.
- Reliable and adaptable.
- Takes full ownership of her or his work.
- Perform daily updates to key stakeholders, written and verbally.
- Able to present clear and concise timelines on various tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Organisational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Eligible to work and live in the UK.
- Subject to UK security vetting.