Holt Executive are working with one of the world’s innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space.
They require a Business Development Manager EMEA – Defence to grow their presence in the EMEA region, focusing on the Defence Industry, identifying customers/partners, driving sales, developing customer relationships, building the company’s brand awareness, and landing strategic accounts across the territory.
Key Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager EMEA – Defence:
- Business development efforts for identifying Defence Opportunities across the territory.
- Research and identify key large-scale programs for our products/solutions portfolio for defence applications across the region.
- Identify strategic partnerships that will better position the company and accelerate our opportunity for winning defence programs.
- Establish key relationships across the defence industry with US Military branches and global defence primes, including laying out organisations with influencers and decision makers identified.
- Identify and layout key program deliverables, features/requirements and certifications that are needed to ensure success in the defence market in the EMEA region.
- Drive the top-line revenue and orders by expanding growth with existing customers, acquiring new customers and driving upsells by fostering the adoption and use of our products, solutions and services.
- Own the end-to-end sales process, from lead to prospect to close, bringing Advanced Navigation solutions to new and existing customers.
- Working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and others to execute the company’s Go-To-Market strategies.
- Understand the technical requirements of each customer and work closely with Support and the Products Group to guide the direction of our product offerings and solutions.
- Work openly with other Advanced Navigation teams (e.g. Marketing, Sales Operations, Products Group, Support and Operations) to improve our go-to-market plans, execution and acceleration of our growth.
Skills and Experience required for the Business Development Manager EMEA – Defence:
- Tertiary qualification in a related technical field is required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the EMEA Defence industry.
- 5+ years’ experience of business development, sales and account management, experience with high-tech solutions in at least one of the following defence verticals; aerospace, land systems, autonomous vehicles/robotics and maritime/subsea.
- Have an understanding that you will be travelling roughly 50% of the time.
- Experience in selling and servicing high-tech solutions.
- Executive presence with the ability to represent and present in front of an audience.
- Flexibility to work within multiple time zones as well as connecting and being accessible with the Global Head Office, based in Australia.
- Working in a Global collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Relevant technical knowledge, such as inertial sensors, acoustics, GNSS, optical sensors, and robotics with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied and comparable navigation products/solutions in the market.
- Languages: English, with the knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.