Customer Assurance Solutions Engineer – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Customer Assurance Solutions Engineer – SATCOM to work as part of a team to provide technical expertise in satellite connected networking solutions, and provide networking infrastructure design, satcom system installation, commissioning, training and post-sales support.
Key Responsibilities for the Customer Assurance Solutions Engineer – SATCOM:
• Satellite solution hardware component configuration development, installation and commissioning, for both internal systems and customer-facing networks.
• Support and maintenance of internal network infrastructure (routers, firewalls, managed switches, servers and SaaS systems).
• Conducting diagnosis, either physically or remotely, of issues being experienced by end users with end-to-end solutions to isolate the identified cause of the incident and implement corrective maintenance strategies.
• Working with team members and management to assist in incident analysis and underlying problem identification for escalation to Solution Architects or appropriate escalation teams.
• Creation of technical documentation for system configuration baselines, system maintenance activities and supporting customer proposals.
• Conduct and document root cause assessment of end-to-end satellite solution issues.
• Perform onsite and workshop technical inspections, repairs and maintenance of networking equipment, satellite terminals (aero, marine, land) and other associated hardware.
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Customer Assurance Solutions Engineer – SATCOM:
• Must have a suitable background to qualify and maintain an Australian Defence security clearance – must currently hold and maintain Australian citizenship.
• The post-holder must have and maintain a Current Australian drivers’ license and passport.
• Must be formally trade qualified to Australian Electrotechnology/Telecommunications/IP Networking Certificate VI standard or equivalent tertiary industry qualification (Diploma or Batchelor Degree), with a minimum 4 years industry experience.
• Must have experience in IP networking and IT (server deployment and maintenance) or satellite communications technologies, with a working knowledge of Microsoft and/or Linux operating systems.
• Must be capable of developing and applying configurations to IP networking devices such as routers, firewalls and managed switches to allow a solution to function as designed to meet customer needs.
• The post-holder must be able to analyse customer issues and devise solutions for clients, regardless of the issue being satellite or terrestrial segment based.
• Formal Australian tertiary qualifications in Workplace Training and Assessment