Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supplies to a variety of markets across the globe.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers exciting bespoke products to their customers. Due to continued growth, there is an immediate opportunity for a Cyber & Information Security Analyst to join the IT team in West Sussex.
We are looking for someone passionate about Cyber & Information Security Analyst and eager to take on new challenges and become a key player in enhancing our partner’s security posture. You will be the voice of their cybersecurity team, helping inform staff about best practices, and provide training and workshops while promoting security awareness.
The successful Cyber & Information Security Analyst will be instrumental in securing cybersecurity defences and protecting sensitive information from potential threats.
Key Responsibilities for the Cyber & Information Security Analyst:
- Monitor, detect, and analyse security incidents and threats to our systems, network infrastructure, and data.
- Promote a culture of security awareness within the organization through training, awareness campaigns, and ongoing education.
- Expand and enforce best practices for the storage, handling, and access of classified data.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with HMG documentation, specifically the MOD.
- Establishing a streamlined process for reviewing Security Aspect Letters (SALs) and collaborating with the various stakeholders and suppliers to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Collaborating with the IT Manager to prepare documentation to transition into a Secure-by-Design approach of managing classified systems.
- Conducting comprehensive staff training on government security policies such as GovS007 and the Government Security Classification Policy.
- Develop and execute incident response plans, working closely with cross-functional teams to mitigate security breaches and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify and address potential weaknesses in our defense systems.
- Ensure relevant accreditations and audits are passed e.g. Cyber Essentials, ISO27001.
Key Skills & Experience Required for the Cyber & Information Security Analyst:
- Background in cybersecurity with an understanding of threat detection, incident response, and vulnerability assessment.
- Background in the defence industry with an understanding of information security principles, frameworks, and best practices.
- Ability to comprehend and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory standards, industry guidelines, and organisational policies, such as ISNs, LXNs, MODCERTS, Threat Alerts, additional MOD requirements, NCSC guidelines, and wider government policy.
- Knowledge of DART which is a system used by the MOD.
- Proficiency in conducting technical risk assessments to identify potential threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts, whilst implementing risk management strategies and controls to manage risks effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to investigate and respond to security incidents effectively.
- Capability to develop and implement structured processes, policies, and procedures related to the storage, handling, access, and dissemination of classified data.
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including; remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as You Earn Scheme.
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing.
- Regular Sports and social activities.
- Employee discounts scheme including access to an additional wellbeing hub.
- Recruitment recommendation bonus.
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
If your skills and experience match this Cyber & Information Security Analyst opportunity, we encourage you to apply by sending your CV to email@example.com