Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Connectivity Organisation in their search for an Engineering Manager to join their busy team in Sydney, Australia. Our client is a leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investments in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of innovation in the Communications industry.
They require an Engineering Manager to manage and develop a regional engineering team that provides communications solution design, technical delivery, training and engineering-managed services to clients. The team consists of Solutions Architects, Solutions Engineers and Pre-Sales Engineers.
Key Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager:
- Line management and leadership of the Engineering Team
- Manage work assignment, scheduling and operations within operating parameters and budget limitations
- Ensure that the team meets or exceeds SLAs for contracted engineering services and contracted support of managed services customers
- Manage and oversee all engineering procedures and work activities conducted by regional team
- Be the regional point of issue escalation for any post-sale technical or engineering-related customer service issues
- Provide input to the appropriate central functions teams on recommended product improvements, troubleshooting features and services assurance/performance issues
- Staff development and mentoring as required to ensure team skills and technical capability
Experience required by the Engineering Manager:
- Must be educated to Electronics or related Diploma standard or equivalent training with 6 years of industry experience as a minimum
- Experience in IT, satellite communications and IP networking, working knowledge of Microsoft, Linux operating systems
- Must demonstrate knowledge and minimum 3 years experience in the management of technical staff
- Must have qualifications and experience in the development and delivery of workplace technical training and assessment
- As this position directly supports customers in a global community who operate 24/7 networks and systems, it is essential that working hours are flexible
- Certifications in IP Networking (Cisco CCNA, Network+ or equivalent)
Benefits for the Engineering Manager:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Annual Bonus (capped at double)
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Compressed 9-day working fortnight
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more opportunities in our job section here.