Holt Executive is supporting a multi-national defence and aerospace pioneer, delivering mission-critical technology and systems to customers on the land, sea and air. They are recruiting two Engineering Project Leads (L3, L4) to join their growing team in Crawley, West Sussex.
You will manage the technical aspects of a specific program or effort and ensure technical, schedule and cost targets are met.
Key Responsibilities for the Engineering Project Lead:
- Partner with the Program Manager to ensure the success of the Program…technical, schedule and cost targets are properly defined and met.
- Constantly engage the other cross-functional leaders, defending the Program’s needs and priorities while working with the leadership to understand and accommodate the demands of competing Division needs.
- Interface and work closely with customers on technical and contractual requirements, and anticipate and fulfil customer needs to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and continued business expansion.
- Lead the technical development of the program. Serve as the focal point for all engineering development, product definition, resource allocation, task assignment and completion, problem-solving and decision-making necessary to accomplish project charters.
- Direct the engineering team assigned to the program, manage their performance and, through a matrix structure, oversee their participation within the program.
Professional Experience & Qualifications for the Engineering Project Lead:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum 4 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 – 4 years of prior related experience.
- Proficient knowledge of hardware and software-based aviation product development.
- In-depth knowledge of project management including Earned Value and Risk/Scope Management.
- Responsible for managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of resource-loaded scheduling and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Project 2016 are preferred.
Compensation for the Engineering Project Lead:
- Competitive salary of £40,000 – £53,000 dependent on role and experience
- Hybrid working opportunities
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Income Protection, PMI and Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised staff restaurant.