Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Flight Software Engineer (Team Lead) to be responsible for the verification and validation of all flight software for future orbital debris missions. As a Team Lead, the successful applicant will have the potential to make a real impact on the success of current and future missions.
This role will focus on leading the Flight Software development, supporting with the verification and validation of the Flight Software, ensuring documentation is complete and requirements are being met. In addition, as the team leader, you will be supporting and guiding the team from both a technical and people management perspective.
Responsibilities for the Flight Software Engineer (Team Lead):
- Lead the Flight Software V&V Team, responsible for the integration, validation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of satellite flight software.
- Plan the work for the software V&V team, creating detailed schedules for the flight software effort across the key company projects.
- Ensure the flight software is validated and verified to the required level of quality.
- Establish, develop and own the software V&V methodology and lifecycle for Flight Software.
Skills & Experience required by the Flight Software Engineer (Team Lead):
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in flight software development for satellites.
- Experience leading a team, either in a managerial or technical capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies and approaches, including scripting languages (e.g. Python, bash).
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum software development practices.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)