FPGA Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM – Abu Dhabi
Holt Executive are partnered with a leading Satellite Communications business that offer multi-mission satellite services to more than 150 countries across the globe.
They have an immediate requirement for an experienced FPGA Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM to actively take part in the development of the FPGA-based design of the modem product and will implement the modem core algorithm.
Key Accountabilities for the FPGA Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- Work jointly with the algorithm team, product Architect and technology partner to support algorithm development and implementation strategy;
- Implement algorithms on selected technology components (FPGA, DSP);
- Perform test and integration on relevant test environment;
- Contribute to new FPGA/ASIC/DSP technology assessment and testing to support new product developments.
Technical Competencies required for the FPGA Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- Expertise in FPGA design and algorithm implementation in the field of telecommunications
- Solid knowledge in digital signal processing and wireless communications
- Solid experience in hands-on development with HDL languages (VHDL, Verilog)
- Low level/platform programming & debugging tools knowledge
- Experience with industry leading solutions (Xilink, Altera, etc..)
Experience required for the FPGA Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- MSc in Electrical, Electronics, digital signal processing and/or wireless Communication Engineering,
- English – Berlitz Level 8, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 550 or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in the field of FPGA design and algorithm implementation