FPGA Lead Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
Holt Executive are partnered with a leading Satellite Communications business that offer multi-mission satellite services to more than 150 countries across the globe.
They have an immediate requirement for an experienced FPGA Lead Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM to be responsible for developing FPGA-based design of the modem product and implementing the modem core algorithm. He/she reports to the Modem Technical Director.
Key Accountabilities for the FPGA Lead Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- Lead the team of FPGA developers;
- Work jointly with the algorithm team, product Architect and technology partner to support algorithm development and implementation strategy;
- Implement algorithms on selected technology components (FPGA, DSP);
- Develop and implement test strategy on relevant test environment;
- Contribute to new FPGA/ASIC/DSP technology assessment and testing to support new product developments.
Technical Competencies required for the FPGA Lead Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- Expertise in FPGA design and algorithm implementation in the field of telecommunications
- Very solid experience programming skills and hands-on development with HDL languages (VHDL, Verilog)
- Expertise in digital signal processing and wireless communications
- Experience in embedded HW & SW integration in real-time operating system environment
- Experience with industry leading solutions (Xilink, Altera, etc..)
Experience required for the FPGA Lead Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- MSc or PhD in Electrical, Electronics, digital signal processing and/or wireless Communication Engineering,
- English – Berlitz Level 8, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 550 or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in the field of FPGA design and algorithm implementation
- 5+ years of actual coding on FPGA or similar
- 3+ years of experience in wireless communications