Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite Sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a GNC Algorithms & Simulator Team Lead to take responsibility for the leadership and management responsibilities of a team of passionate and talented GNC engineers.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, from their new state-of-the-art office and cleanroom facility in Oxford. The company offer hybrid and flexible working.
Responsibilities for the GNC Algorithms & Simulator Team Lead:
- Lead GNC algorithm development – analyse, design, implement and validate algorithms for RPO (Rendezvous and Proximity Operations), working with other engineering disciplines (especially flight dynamics, flight software) to develop safe GNC algorithm solutions which meet project requirements.
- Ensure logical and well managed configuration control of the GNC algorithms.
- Support development of GNC software architecture, with designs leading towards an overall GNC software solution.
- Lead GNC simulator development – implement and validate GNC simulator models and architecture.
- Lead the team to deliver GNC algorithm and simulator developments to the company project technical and programmatic requirements.
- Produce well structured, realistic, clear plans with key activities, timescales, milestones and resources.
Experience required by the GNC Algorithms & Simulator Team Lead:
- Diploma, bachelor’s or master’s degree in aerospace engineering or another relevant engineering/science discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience of algorithm & control law development including:
- Use of GNC design and simulation software e.g. Matlab.
- Implementation of control laws, navigation algorithms.
- Modelling of environmental disturbances and satellite GNC hardware.
- Translating algorithms into operational flight software.
- Comprehensive theoretical knowledge in control law techniques and filtering techniques.
- Comprehensive theoretical knowledge of guidance strategies for RPO missions.
- Matlab/Simulink development skills – expert/advanced level.
- C/C++ software development skills – intermediate level.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)