Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite Sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require an experienced and motivated Ground Segment Software Engineer to join them as a Ground Segment Software Team Lead.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, from their new state-of-the-art office and cleanroom facility in Oxford. They offer hybrid and flexible working.
Responsibilities for the Ground Segment Software Team Lead:
- Design, develop, validate and maintain Ground Segment Software subsystems needed for operating current and future satellite missions.
- Generate and update Software related documentation.
- Participate in the design of the systems including:
- Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases and stories.
- Development support and solution testing.
- Participate and/or support the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Support in the Mission System Test and or Simulation campaigns.
- Support the Operations team to resolve technical issues.
Essential Skills required by the Ground Segment Software Team Lead:
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Java and or Python programming languages.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a satellite ground segment.
- Team leadership – ability to lead small team of software engineers.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship for employees