Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite Sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require an experienced and motivated Ground Segment Systems Engineer to join them as a Ground Segment Systems Engineer (Team Lead) and be involved in the whole ground segment development process, from conceptual design to maintenance, as well as supporting the development of all the infrastructure and software on ground that is critical to safely operate a mission.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, from their new state-of-the-art office and cleanroom facility in Oxford. They offer hybrid and flexible working.
Responsibilities for the Ground Segment Systems Engineer (Team Lead):
- Design, develop, validate and maintain Ground Segment subsystems.
- Generate and update project related documentation.
- Participate in the design of the systems including:
- Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases and stories.
- Development support and solution testing.
- Definition of Software Engineering approaches to apply in the developments
- Participate and or support the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Support in the Mission System Test and or Simulation campaigns.
- Participate in/lead the development of ground systems including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System
- Line management of team members. This includes helping resolve blockers to their work, prioritising their work, conducting appraisals and conducting probation reviews.
- Overall accountability for the teams technical output.
Experience required by the Ground Segment Systems Engineer (Team Lead):
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- At least 3-5 years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Java and or Python programming languages.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Team leadership – ability to lead small team of software engineers.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)