Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Ground Segment Systems Engineer to be involved in the whole ground segment development process, from conceptual design to maintenance. The role will be involved in all the infrastructure and software on the ground that is critical to safely operate a mission.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Ground Segment Systems Engineer:
- Participate in/lead the development of ground systems including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System.
- Derive requirements for the ground segment in general and for specific components.
- Interface with the external suppliers’ teams, acting as a Product Owner or Technical Officer and provide support to the development team during the ground segment development phase.
- Perform verification & validation of the systems with other team members while ensuring requirements are met, including systems tests and simulation campaigns.
- Perform maintenance of the ground systems while being the interfacing point between the operations team and the developers to resolve technical issues.
Experience required by the Ground Segment Systems Engineer:
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in satellite ground systems (for example mission control system, mission planning system) engineering.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Experience with integration, verification and validation of ground segment.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)