We are currently partnered with an innovative and pioneering Space, Telecommunication / Connectivity company that are looking to increase their capacity with an experienced Head of Quality / Product Assurance.
As the Quality / Product Assurance Director, you will oversee the Product and Quality activities for electronic units and subsystems and systems designed and manufactured.
Working closely with the GM and COO, you will be expected to make concise, accurate status reports along with clear recommendations for improvements in product quality.
The responsibilities of the Head of Product Assurance and Quality Assurance role :
- Performing and coordinating the Quality Assurance / Product Assurance activities in the UK and its suppliers / subcontractors
- Perform Procurement Quality Assurance on both internal and external activities including; subcontractors and suppliers, leading reviews, manage NCR’s and participation in inspections
- Plan, execute and oversee inspection and testing of product to confirm quality and conformance to specifications and deliverables.
- Develop new standards for production and design, with refinements and improvements as needed, and create testing protocols
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality assurance standards
The requirements for the successful candidate:
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a directly relevant QA/PA environment.
- proven experience of taking an electronic product to market in a full lifecycle capacity.
- previous working knowledge of designing to military specification standards.
- Experience in any of the areas as follows is desirable: Satellite/Antenna subsystems, Phased Arrays, Operating Software, RF based electronics.
- Management of quality or product assurance in a complex multifunctional manufacturing or engineering context.
- Outstanding interpersonal, management and leadership skills across main stakeholders.
As with a role such as this, the compensation is competitive and includes bonus and benefits (will be confirmed or arranged upon successful interview process).