Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supplies to a variety of markets across the globe.
Our partner has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Security Officer who will be responsible for ensuring compliance protocols are adhered to and implementing robust security measures for the company’s classified data.
The successful Information Security Officer will have a passion for ensuring the safety and privacy of critical data and cyber security.
Key Responsibilities for the Information Security Officer:
• Understanding and ensuring compliance with HMG documentation, specifically the MOD.
• Expand and enforce best practices for storing, handling, and accessing classified data.
• Developing both short and long-term strategies for classified data, conducting risk assessments in alignment with contractual obligations and industry best practice
• Establishing a streamlined process for reviewing Security Aspect Letters (SALs) and collaborating with the various stakeholders and suppliers to ensure understanding and compliance.
• Collaborating with the IT Manager to prepare documentation to transition into a Secure-by Design approach of managing classified systems.
• Enforcing Need to Know principles and providing training to classified folder owners regarding their responsibilities for managing access requests, periodic access reviews, and removal of unnecessary access privileges.
• Conducting comprehensive staff training on government security policies such as GovS007 and the Government Security Classification Policy, highlighting their relevance to the business policy and the importance of marking classified documents accurately.
• Establishing networks with other group security officers and government agencies, utilising tools such as Team Defence Information to stay updated on the latest information and industry practices.
• Supporting audit practices under frameworks such as ISO27001.
Key Skills & Experience for the Information Security Officer:
• Strong understanding of information security principles, frameworks, and best practices.
• Ability to comprehend and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory standards, industry guidelines, and organisational policies, such as ISNs, LXNs, MODCERTS, Threat Alerts, additional MOD requirements, NCSC guidelines, and wider government policy.
• Proficiency in conducting technical risk assessments to identify potential threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts on classified data, whilst implementing risk management strategies and controls to manage risks effectively.
• Capability to develop and implement structured processes, policies, and procedures related to the storage, handling, access, and dissemination of classified data.
• Proactive approach to staying updated on the latest trends, threats, and advancements in the field of information security through ongoing professional development and participation in industry forums.
• Support in the development of evidence for compliance against MoD schemes, such as Facility Security Clearance (FSC) and Industry Personnel Security Assurance (IPSA).
• Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
• Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
• Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
• Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as You Earn Scheme.
• Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
• Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
• Regular Sports and social activities.
• Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
• Recruitment recommendation bonus.
• Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
• Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.