Holt Executive are partnered with a global aerospace and defence technology innovator who provide advanced defence and commercial technologies to aerospace, aviation, land and sea, delivering solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs.
They require a Lead Systems Engineer – Aerospace/Defence to join the team in Hampshire, to provide systems engineering expertise for product and systems development programmes, contributing to activities across the full systems engineering lifecycle including requirements, design, modelling, diagnostics and system/sub-system test.
Responsibilities for the Lead Systems Engineer – Aerospace/Defence:
- Understand, analyse and assess customers’ needs and requirements.
- System/sub-system design including architecture modelling and communications network modelling.
- Document and present system solutions to technical and non-technical audiences through technical specifications, white papers and presentations.
- System integration activities including building and configuration of sub-systems and system test.
- Undertake research and study activities to identify and demonstrate candidate technologies and solutions.
- Review and assess incident reports to diagnose system or product issues and suggest appropriate solutions.
Qualifications/Experience required by the Lead Systems Engineer – Aerospace/Defence:
- BEng, BSc, MEng, MSc in a relevant subject with 7+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge of communications systems and networking.
- An understanding of military communications and networking.
- Knowledge and experience of UML / SysML or similar and associated tools.
- Knowledge and experience of requirements management and associated tools.
- Knowledge of RF systems, products and ancillaries. Including designing system solutions, planning and management.
- Knowledge of network communications technologies (e.g. IP networking, network management, network security).
- An understanding of security architectures, information assurance and product security.
- Understanding of Design Certification and product safety processes.
- Must hold UK citizenship to have the ability to obtain security clearance.