Holt Executive is partnered with a leading space services company that provide a unique environment for the connectivity and space sector. They are looking to add to their growing team with a Lead UAV Engineer.
With an innovative UAV system, the key responsibilities of the Lead UAV Engineer include:
- Lead on design, simulation and testing for technical and operational development of variants to the unique UAV system
- Responsibility for organising project technical & operational documentation – developing and verifying systems to tight engineering framework
- Design to include fail safe techniques and ensure that system failure mechanisms are understood and controlled, in line with Product Assurance & Design Standards
- Liaising with 3rd parties to secure consultancy, flight opportunities, operational permissions, outsourced manufacturing and equipment etc. as required by the project.
Key requirements for the Lead UAV Engineer:
- Degree in Mechanical / Aeronautical / Electronics Engineering
- 3 years industry experience minimum
- 1 year project management experience minimum
- Strong knowledge of UAV system design
- Experience of agile project management such as Jira (preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant technical standards (RTCA / MIL / EUROCAE (preferred)
- Awareness of ECSS standards – from mission analysis and feasibility to Qualification and Production to Utilisation