Holt Executive has partnered with a world-leading telecommunications pioneer to reduce the digital divide and bring high-speed data and voice communications to those without access to reliable connectivity.
Our partner is looking for a Market Development Director to actively manage their US-based Commercial aviation Distribution Partners as Key Accounts for the business in the Commercial Aviation team.
Are you an experienced Market Development Director and an Agile Aviation IFEC expert who is full of ideas and enjoys leading from the front? If you are looking to make a real difference by revolutionizing technology in Space and driving new technology, then this opportunity is for you!
Key responsibilities for the Market Development Director:
- Engage with and maintain relations with other key IFEC players – working with BU colleagues to ensure OW services and products are relevant, and the roadmap is optimized.
- Be a key part of the team that is driving the sales revenue across the aviation sector, focusing on being the customer champion, helping drive their business and supporting their sales campaigns.
- Fully involved with the full sales lifecycle from pipeline generation/management, CRM management (salesforce).
- Deliver regional market intelligence through comprehensive knowledge of the sector, specific industries and the market, as well as strategic development trends. Use this regional market intelligence in working with the Head of Commercial Aviation to develop revenue and commercial opportunities in the sector.
- Work closely with the Commercial Business Development team on business intelligence.
- Focus on being customer-centric, working with the Product Development teams building and presenting Use Cases.
- Constantly liaise with BU – centrally and with market development throughout the regions – to ensure opportunities are known and best supported.
- Maintain a strategic ‘ear’ to opportunities and threats as they develop in the market.
- Provide Program Management support of the accounts, helping identify hurdles to deliver revenues.
- Manage indirect sales channels and help drive a service model business.
- Be the company’s regional voice for Aviation and represent the Aviation business unit at industry events.
Key Skills & Experience Market Development Director:
- Have a solid understanding of IFC – ideally both technically and commercially.
- Be an expert in tracking all phases of customer onboarding and being an integral part of their success.
- Demonstratable experience and success in direct and in-direct sales, especially in a strategy, consultancy, or sales-type role.
- The ability to support sales of solutions in the commercial aviation sector.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFEC the sector, specific industries and the market, as well as the structure and strategic development trends.