Holt Executive are partnered with a leading Design and Manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supply into a variety of markets across the globe.
Our partner has an immediate requirement for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their skilled engineering team in Horsham.
Key Technical Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Innovative design skills in electro-mechanical mechanisms and precision machinery.
- Work with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation
- Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing, perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Assist with developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Liaise with wider engineering teams to integrate electronic, control and drive systems into equipment designs.
- Have experience of working within a closely integrated, mixed discipline, project design team to produce quality design solutions in line with cost, time and quality requirements.
- Provide support for the production, test and field engineering teams. Support the sales teams with bids and quotations.
- Assist with creating designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
Key Skills & Experience for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Hold a Batchelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering subject.
- Have more than 2 years of experience working in an engineering role.
- Have experience in the design of complex mechanisms and structures for use in harsh environments – preferably in the defence industry.
- Have proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production.
- Can analyse the loads on, and design solutions for, items such as gear drives bearings and motors.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques.
- Have experience in the use of SolidWorks CAD system.
- Experience of working and delivering within a continuous improvement environment coupled with a personal drive for continuous improvement.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements.
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Group Pension Plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions.
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including, remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme.
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing.
- Regular Sports and social activities.
- Reward Platform (high street discounts, employee benefits, health and wellbeing offerings).
- Recruitment recommendation bonus.
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations.