Mechanical Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
Holt Executive are partnered with a leading Satellite Communications business that offer multi-mission satellite services to more than 150 countries across the globe.
They have an immediate requirement for an experienced Mechanical Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM to be responsible for the mechanical design of the product line and will contribute significantly to multiple activities to enable testing and manufacturing capacity.
Key Accountabilities for the Mechanical Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- Responsible for the mechanical design of the product line and work jointly with the Architect and hardware lead engineer to ensure all requirements are met.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to specify, design and implement mechanical and hardware solutions for the modem products;
- Perform required modelling and calculations pertaining to the mechanical/reliability/environmental performances
- Contribute to the product validation, qualification and quality assurance (thermal and shock/vide testing, certifications, manufacturing processes, reliability data, etc…)
- Contribute to establish the manufacturing and support facilities and associated processes (specification, implementation, validation for mechanical/hardware aspects);
- Contribute to new technology/material assessment to support new products development.
Technical Competencies required for the Mechanical Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- Solid experience in mechanical engineering (applied to electronics product development such as modem, radios, antenna, receivers/trackers, etc…)
- Solid experience in using CAD tool to develop mechanical solutions
- Solid experience in specifying / validating environmental requirements (thermal, shock and vibration, up to product qualification/certification process etc…)
- Knowledge in reliability engineering and other product performance modelling and calculations
- Knowledge about machining and manufacturing processes and good practices
Experience required for the Mechanical Engineer (Modem) – SATCOM
- MSc in Engineering
- English – Berlitz Level 8, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 550 or equivalent
- 6+ years in mechanical design and development for electronic products