We are working with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation to find an experienced NOC Controller – SATCOM to join them here in London, UK.
Our client is a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
The NOC Controller – SATCOM opportunity is to ensure the reliable operation of the company’s networks by supervising network operations, coordinating network activities and taking corrective actions as necessary to meet network availability.
Key Responsibilities for the NOC Controller – SATCOM:
Maintain Network Integrity Service Availability and performance:
- Respond to any alarm and act proactively in line with the NOC role in order to minimise any possible service outage.
- In case of Service Degradation or Outage conditions promptly perform all necessary actions to restore service as quickly as possible.
- Perform regular/routine checks on all systems and services to ensure their reliability.
- Provide prompt and professional responses in compliance with the associated SLAs.
- Assesses the case, request more information if needed, perform investigation and resolution if possible or ensure the necessary support resources are engaged.
- Operate the NOC monitoring facilities, report any anomalous operations of the facilities and provide first-line maintenance to ensure their continued availability.
- Assist with the specifications, development, installations, and acceptance testing of new NOC monitoring systems and upgrading existing systems relating to improving efficiency in the NOC.
- Usage of Service Now for ITIL process (especially incident and change management).
Essential Knowledge and Skills for the NOC Controller – SATCOM:
- Experience in Operational environment
- Technical education in electronics and/or telecommunications
- Good knowledge of satellite communication networks, systems, and propagation
- Good knowledge of measurement techniques in analogue and digital networks i.e. IF and RF (Preferred Sectors of experience in – VSAT, Ka-band, L Band, C band)
- Understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing, etc.) and architecture (routers, switches, firewall, etc.)
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more opportunities in our job section here.