Product Specialist – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Product Specialist – SATCOM to be responsible for the long-term planning and management of hardware products, ensuring effective delivery of new products enabling substantial revenue growth across the business. This role will also explore and identify forward-going customer requirements, guide product development, and deliver the commercial service introduction.
Key Responsibilities for the Product Specialist – SATCOM:
Interface with hardware suppliers to:
• Obtain and maintain the pricing for new and existing hardware products respectively.
• Check the validity and longevity of product offerings and supply.
• Coordinate the end-of-life (EOL) and end-of-support (EOS).
• Work with the procurement team and to ensure that product supply and distribution agreement are appropriately documented.
Manage the interface with the Operations teams and to ensure that:
• New hardware product is properly onboarded to SAP with the rightly set pricing.
• Product portfolio is regularly reviewed, and with pricing adjusted accordingly in SAP.
• Removal of EOL & EOS product from SAP platform.
Work across internal sales, sales support, engineering, and delivery teams to:
• Collect market and customers’ requirements on existing and future hardware product.
• Act as an SME for hardware product offerings, assist with the commercial managers to ensure they have the necessary information including BOM, to produce compelling proposal and offers.
• Provide guidance to sales support and delivery teams on the right items to quote and order.
• Provide SME support for bids and offers, including contribution to the writing and publishing of bid documentation.
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Product Specialist – SATCOM:
• Qualification of a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering discipline, or above.
• Work experience in SAP, SFDC, procurement and supply chain.
• Knowledge in a product management or related commercial role.