Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Project Manager – Space Sustainability to work as part of a team that collectively leads space engineering missions. This will involve developing scalable solutions across the spectrum of satellite in-orbit servicing, space situational awareness, end of life and active debris removal. The successful incumbent will collaborate with multi-discipline functions and interact with partners across the space industry, as well as suppliers and customers.
The company offer Hybrid working with a requirement to be on site (Oxford) two days per week, along with a competitive salary and benefits.
Areas of Responsibility for the Project Manager – Space Sustainability:
• Overall responsibility for the design and delivery of space missions (or aspects thereof) on complex engineering missions. To be achieved via the coordination of matrixed project / engineering teams.
• Planning and delivery of project review gates, including management and production of associated deliverables.
• Define and maintain an appropriate balance of quality, cost, schedule, and risk, whilst delivering projects and their associated deliverables.
• Generate project inputs to mission concept studies, technical or non-technical packages of work, and bid work, in support of the wider business.
• Interface with customers, suppliers, and programme partners as necessary in support of project, bids, or similar activities.
Required Competencies, Experience and Qualifications for the Project Manager – Space Sustainability:
• 3+ years’ experience in project or programme management, ideally in the space or aerospace industries. Track record of successful mission delivery.
• Complete ‘technical’ project management skillset (delivery, schedule, financial, risk management, etc)
• Production and maintenance of project management deliverables for internal and external stakeholders. Includes contractual deliverables, schedules, reports, risk registers, project and financial reporting, etc.
• Experience of planning and completing project review gates (Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc).
• Experience of working closely with Systems Engineering teams, including a high-level understanding of Systems activities such as architecture definition, CONOPS, requirements derivation, etc.
• Experience working with spacecraft sub-system functional teams such as Guidance Navigation Control (GNC / AOCS), Command & Data Handing (C&DH / OBDH), Propulsion, Software, Ground Segment, Operations, etc.
• Awareness of Assembly Integration and Verification processes (integration, subsystem / integrated / environmental testing etc).
• Full mission lifecycle experience from requirements definition to verification, delivery, commissioning and operations.