Join a thriving Electro-Optics Company as a Quality Control Technician.
Embrace an opportunity to play a pivotal role in ensuring product quality and reducing project risks at a leading electro-optics design and manufacturing company. As a Quality Control Technician, you’ll implement rigorous inspection and testing procedures to identify non-conforming materials before they enter the production process.
Key Responsibilities for the Quality Control Technician:
- Conduct thorough inspections and dimensional measurements of mechanical components and assemblies from suppliers and production to drawing.
- Perform meticulous surface finish inspections, including paint, anodizing, and other surface treatments.
- Execute rigorous functional go/no go testing of PCBAs and electronic components.
- Inspection of supplier and production paperwork and traceability auditing.
- Engage in in-process inspections of electro-mechanical assemblies, sub-systems, and systems.
- Creation of and completion of dimensional/inspection reports as required.
- Collaborate with the Quality Engineer on root cause analysis, and non-conformance reporting to maintain product quality and prevent recurrence of issues.
Skills and Experience for the Quality Control Technician:
- Proven expertise in metrological principles.
- Experience in mechanical inspection and dimensional measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of PCBA visual inspection and functional go/no go testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and completing dimensional reports.
- Familiarity with various surface finish inspection requirements, including paint, anodizing, and other surface treatments.
- Solid experience in examining and auditing paperwork to ensure compliance and traceability.
- Hands-on experience with in-process QC and inspection procedures, including first-off inspection.
- Lunchtime finishes on a Friday.
- 28 days annual leave and Christmas closure.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as You Earn Scheme.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
- Free, onsite car parking.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of the business, all staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
Embark on a rewarding career journey as a Quality Control Technician. Apply today and make a significant impact on product quality and project success!