Holt Executive is partnered with a multi-national defence and cutting-edge aerospace pioneer delivering mission critical technology and services to Naval, Land and Security sectors.
They require an experienced Quality Engineer to work closely alongside the Supply Chain team to maintain on-site vendor assessments and liaise with suppliers to ensure an improved flow and supply of materials and services and resolve issues with non-compliant products.
Key Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer:
- Supporting the maintenance and continual improvement of the QMS to ensure that the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 are satisfactory.
- Conducting internal audits to monitor operation and effectiveness of the QMS and to facilitate continual improvement.
- Ensuring that appropriate corrective actions, resulting from recorded non-conformances, are implemented and effective.
- Development of QMS elements with process-owners including process, procedure & operating instructions.
- Customer-facing liaison on Quality issues; to include customer witnessed testing both onsite and customer sites.
- Reviewing customer bids and contracts for Quality requirements and preparation of Quality Plans.
- Fault analysis and reports on customer returns and sign off products in accordance with the relevant company procedures.
Essential Skills & Expereince for the Quality Engineer:
- Experienced in the management of a QMS within a design and manufacturing environment; preferably within electronic / mechanical defence industry using ISO9001, AQAP2110 QMS standards. (CQI or IRCA member desirable)
- Qualified to minimum HNC/HND or relevant equivalent (Engineering related discipline is highly desirable).
- A confident and credible communicator, able to interact plausibly in all settings within the business.
- Experienced in managing and conducting internal and supplier audits.
- Data driven, with strong analytical skills.
- Experienced in “8D” problem solving methodology within an SME and with suppliers, including use of 5-Whys and Ishikawa/Cause and effect diagrams.
- Able to create and develop clear and concise QMS elements including processes, procedures and workflows. (MS Visio, JIRA and Confluence experience preferred).
- Able to work on own initiative and to facilitate effective cross functional cooperation.
- Be required for some UK and International travel.
- Full, clean UK drivers licence desirable.
- Required to pass SC clearance.