Holt Executive are partnered with a leading defence prime offering cutting-edge technology and innovation products to land, sea and air capabilities.
They are looking to add to their rapidly expanding business with a Quality Engineer who can offer the support needed for their base in Plymouth.
You will be responsible for supporting the maintenance and continual improvement of the QMS to ensure that the requirements are satisfied inline with the necessary certifications on our client’s product range.
Key responsibilities for the Quality Engineer – Defence:
- Supporting the maintenance and continual improvement of the QMS to ensure that the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 are satisfied;
- Conducting internal audits to monitor operation and effectiveness of the QMS and to facilitate continual improvement;
- Ensuring that appropriate corrective actions, resulting from recorded non-conformances, are implemented and effective;
- Customer-facing liaison on Quality issues; to include customer witnessed testing both onsite and customer sites;
- Fault analysis and reports on customer returns;
Key requirements for the Quality Engineer – Defence role:
- Experienced in the management of a QMS within a design and manufacturing environment; preferably within electronic / mechanical defence industry using ISO9001, AQAP2110 QMS standards. (CQI or IRCA member desirable);
- Qualified to minimum HNC/HND or relevant equivalent (Engineering related discipline is highly desirable);
- Experienced in “8D” problem solving methodology within an SME and with suppliers, including use of 5-Whys and Ishikawa/Cause and effect diagrams;
- Able to create and develop clear and concise QMS elements including processes, procedures and work-flows. (MS Visio, JIRA and Confluence experience preferred);
- Required for some UK and international travel
Compensation package for the Quality Engineer – Defence role:
- Salary of £35,000
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangments
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Income protection, life assurance and wellbeing initiatives