Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading Global Satellite Operator who provide reliable and secure satellite-delivered voice and high-speed data communications solutions to broadcast, telecommunications, corporate and government customers worldwide. Their Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite network will revolutionize global broadband connectivity for enterprise users, by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds.
They require a Radio System Engineering Manager – LEO Mission to lead all technical aspects of the radio system architecture including air interface definition, concept of operations, functional descriptions and physical implementation of the RF functions. In particular, the successful appointee will define the functional and performance requirements related to the radio system function as applicable to the satellite payload, user terminals and landing stations.
Responsibilities for the Radio System Engineering Manager – LEO Mission:
- Bring expert level experience to the existing team in finalizing the definition of all aspects of the radio system implementation involving agile multi-beam phased array antennas using beam hopping.
- Support the definition concept of operations for all phases of the functional requirements, including user terminal commissioning, network entry, satellite handovers, time synchronization, adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) among others.
- Serve as principal system architect for the definition of all air interfaces between the user terminals, landing stations and satellite payloads. Review and approve all related requirements in the associated sub systems.
- Develop strategies for modeling RF link performance accounting for impairments through the difference elements in the system.
- Work with system architects, RF engineers, antenna engineers, User Terminal and Landing Station engineers, to partition functions between hardware and software domains.
- Work with system modeling team to provide guidance on system design assumptions to be taken into account in the system model.
- Work with the network team to ensure a seamless functional interface between the network functions and the radio system.
Experience required by the Radio System Engineering Manager – LEO Mission:
- B. Sc. in Electrical, Computer or System Engineering.
- Good experience in system design, requirement management and communication systems performance assessments.
- Expert in implementation of air interfaces, modem technologies, modulation and coding and its impact on the satellite link performance.
- Deep knowledge of DVB standards such as DVB-S2X and DVB-RCS2 standard.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques, modulation types such as PSK, APSK, QAM.
- Good understanding of Experience in MATLAB or other tools for modeling and analyzing RF communication systems.