Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading Global Satellite Operator who provide reliable and secure satellite-delivered voice and high-speed data communications solutions to broadcast, telecommunications, corporate and government customers worldwide. They require a Satellite Bus Electrical Systems Engineering Specialist – SATCOM to provide technical expertise for LEO spacecraft procurement. This includes the oversight of satellite electrical and attitude control subsystems, design evaluation and critique, monitoring of production and integration and test and participation in launch campaigns and in-orbit commissioning.
Their Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite network will revolutionize global broadband connectivity for enterprise users, by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fibre-like speeds.
Responsibilities for the Satellite Bus Electrical Systems Engineering Specialist – SATCOM:
- Provide technical expertise in areas of satellite bus subsystems with an emphasis on electrical subsystems including power, attitude control, launch vehicle interface, TT&C and propulsion.
- Lead or assist in troubleshooting problems with design and/or test of spacecraft and launch vehicle electrical subsystems.
- Lead or assist in areas of spacecraft subsystems specification and testing during bid evaluation and contract negotiations.
- Prepare and present detailed technical reports/presentations to in-house and Customer engineering and/or technical management.
- Analyze design review packages and actively participate in design review meetings.
- Identify areas of potential risk and recommend appropriate preventative actions.
- Participate in Launch Vehicle Interface Meetings and monitor launch vehicle interface activities.
- Witness and evaluate unit and subsystems testing and satellite level assembly, integration and test, particularly environmental performance tests.
Experience required by the Satellite Bus Electrical Systems Engineering Specialist – SATCOM:
- Master of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in electrical engineering with extensive experience in the spacecraft Bus engineering field.
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more SATCOM opportunities in our job section here.