Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading Global Satellite Operator who provide reliable and secure satellite-delivered voice and high-speed data communications solutions to broadcast, telecommunications, corporate and government customers worldwide. Their Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite network will revolutionize global broadband connectivity for enterprise users, by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds. They require a Satellite Bus Mechanical / Thermal Engineer – SATCOM to provide technical expertise for LEO spacecraft procurement. This includes the oversight of satellite mechanical and thermal subsystems, design evaluation and critique, monitoring of production and integration and test and participation in launch campaigns and in-orbit commissioning.
Responsibilities for the Satellite Bus Mechanical / Thermal Engineer – SATCOM:
- Provide technical expertise in areas of satellite bus subsystems with an emphasis on mechanical, structural and thermal.
- Lead or assist in troubleshooting problems with design and/or test of spacecraft and launch vehicle mechanical and thermal subsystems.
- Lead or assist in areas of spacecraft subsystems specification and testing during bid evaluation and contract negotiations.
- Prepare and present detailed technical reports/presentations to in-house and Customer engineering and/or technical management.
- Analyze design review packages and actively participate in design review meetings.
- Identify areas of potential risk and recommend appropriate preventative actions.
- Participate in Launch Vehicle Interface Meetings and monitor launch vehicle interface activities.
- Witness and evaluate unit and subsystems testing and satellite level assembly, integration and test, particularly environmental performance tests.
Experience required by the Satellite Bus Mechanical / Thermal Engineer – SATCOM:
- Masters of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in mechanical and thermal engineering with extensive experience in the spacecraft Bus engineering field.
- Familiarity with spacecraft thermal and structural modeling and analysis techniques will be an asset.
- Experience in the execution and evaluation of environmental testing including thermal, vibration and acoustic testing will be beneficial.
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more SATCOM opportunities in our job section here.