We are working with a Global Satellite Operator in Canada in their search for a Satellite Communications System Specialist – SATCOM to provide technical expertise on LEO satellite communications systems including digital regenerative processing, digital beam-formed Direct Radiating Array antennas and optical inter-satellite links.
This includes working in close collaboration with the satellite manufacturer to develop specifications, evaluate design and associated trade-offs, evaluate development and qualification plans, monitoring, establishment and execution of the satellite payload production at scale, oversee integration and test, and participate in in-orbit testing.
Our client provides reliable and secure satellite-delivered voice and high-speed data communications solutions to broadcast, telecommunications, corporate and government customers worldwide. Their Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite network will revolutionize global broadband connectivity for enterprise users, by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fibre-like speeds.
Responsibilities for the Satellite Communications System Specialist – SATCOM:
- Perform end-to-end communications system analysis to define payload specifications and payload architectures to include advanced digital equipment such as on-board processors (OBP), RF and Optical Inter-satellite Links and active antennas working in close collaboration with the Systems Engineering team and the satellite manufacturer.
- Provide technical expertise in areas of communications satellite payloads including design, development and qualification of new technologies, and the implementation of high-volume production.
- Analyze design review packages and actively participate in design review meetings.
- Identify areas of potential risk and recommend appropriate preventative actions.
- Witness and evaluate equipment and subsystem integration and testing, and satellite-level assembly, integration and tests.
- Lead in troubleshooting problems with the design and/or test of spacecraft communications payloads or payload equipment.
Experience required by the Satellite Communications System Specialist – SATCOM:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical/Telecommunications Engineering specializing in satellite communications.
- 15+ years practical industry experience in communications satellite payload engineering.
- Experience in the design, development, assembly, integration and test for complex satellite communications payload systems for LEO and GEO satellites.
- Expertise in payload budgets, analysis and specifications.
- Design and/or procurement experience with payload equipment (antennas, LTWTAs, receivers, multiplexers, plus other active and passive equipment used in a communication payload).
- Experience with test requirements for payload equipment and payload subsystems.
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more SATCOM opportunities in our job section here.