Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Satellite Earth Station, System Expert to carry out designated activities to manage the Earth Station / Teleport site in Perth, and maintain global network services; covering all aspects of operations, maintenance and project management.
Key Responsibilities for the Satellite Earth Station, System Expert:
Knowledge and Development
- Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant satellite systems.
- Provide support and cascade information and knowledge to global colleagues.
- Participate in project tasks and delivery.
- Participate in site acceptance, integration, testing, evaluation and commissioning of new systems.
- Implement changes into the operational environment.
- Draft and/or update testing and acceptance procedures.
- Manage the network and services by monitoring the functioning of the operational network.
- Provide support for operation and maintenance of site facilities and services.
- Maintain ITIL standard for Change, Incident and Problem Management.
- Coordination & resolution of network problems and traffic restoration.
- Achieve high service availability and quality of service requirements to ensure customer excellence.
- Ensure efficient utilisation of network capacity and maximum network performance.
- Report on network performance, system performance and availability.
Knowledge and Skills required by the Satellite Earth Station, System Expert:
- Considerable knowledge of (satellite) Telecommunication technology.
- Knowledge of and skills in the use of standardised testing and development methods and techniques.
- Experience with working in an international telecommunications network environment, including using commonly used processes and procedures.
- Considerable experience in working with network operations procedures.
- Knowledge of IP protocols and networking.
- Knowledge of RF measurements techniques.
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent level.