Satellite Ground Segment Engineering Manager – SATCOM – 12 Month FTC
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Satellite Ground Segment Engineering Manager – SATCOM to participate in a successful transition from a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) to a new operating model and influence and shape of UK government/military satellite operations into the next decade. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the delivering the technical aspects of mobilisation related to the satellite control ground segment.
This is a full time, temporary role based in Wiltshire. Applicants must be a UK national and be able to achieve ‘Security Check’ (SC) security clearance.
Key Responsibilities for the Satellite Ground Segment Engineering Manager – SATCOM:
- Support the components of the Space Operations Mobilisation Plan related to the satellite control ground segment, delivering against the plan and reporting progress.
- Shadow the incumbent ground segment engineering teams, including attending and witnessing satellite operations activities, meetings, training, working groups, boards etc.
- Perform due diligence on assets, personnel, policies and procedures, identifying and discrepancies from the baseline and escalating them accordingly.
- Confirm the detailed operating model of the incumbent operator, seeking out and resolving any gaps in knowledge or obstacles to a risk-free handover of operations.
- Review and update the incumbent operator’s policies and procedures.
- Support and participate in a progressive service assurance process, including preparation for operational readiness demonstrations and key events.
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Satellite Ground Segment Engineering Manager – SATCOM:
- Significant experience in satellite control ground segment operations and management
- University degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business both internally and externally with Customers
- Excellent analytical skills resulting in clear and concise explanations of observations, problems or anomalies
- Must be able to achieve SC Clearance