Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading supplier of satellite solutions and services. As a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology and engineering services company, the business is involved in a variety of projects ranging from design and development of space systems to management of launch services and in orbit satellite control.
They currently require a Ground Segment Software Architect – Satellite & Space to support pivotal satellite ground segment project work, as well as offering the chance to support with bid and proposal writing to shape future projects.
The office is in Bedfordshire, but the company offer home-based working with a requirement to attend the office once per month.
Responsibilities for the Ground Segment Software Architect – Satellite & Space
- Software Design Authority – responsible for the design of software-based Ground Segment Systems, potentially including:
Monitoring and Control Segment Systems
User Segment Systems
Earth Observation Data Management Systems
- Design and develop solutions utilising state of the art software architectures and techniques
- Plan and execute Integration and Test campaigns
- Preparation of proposals to win new work including understanding of the technical requirements and the context within the overall project scope
- As required, hands-on software development support to projects (e.g. coding of critical areas, code review, prototyping/validating approaches & frameworks to be adopted).
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required by the Ground Segment Software Architect – Satellite & Space:
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline with software modules
- Around 10 years commercial experience of software development, preferably in the space industry but not essential
- Requirements analysis
- Configuration management (Git source code control)
- Linux development
- Resource Oriented Architecture Development (REST)
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. Jenkins)
- Virtualisation / cloud-based computing
- Containers and Orchestration (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of Ground Segment Systems
- Machine learning and AI
- Scripting (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python)
Benefits for the Ground Segment Software Architect – Satellite & Space:
- Competitive Package
- Private healthcare
- Excellent pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid working environment