Senior Business Systems Analyst – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Senior Business Systems Analyst – SATCOM to solicit, understand, and document customer business requirements, processes and workflows and work with developers to create the functional specifications to meet those requirements. Working in an iterative, agile approach, you will help guide business areas on gradual process change, through each stage of the software development lifecycle.
This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Business Systems Analyst – SATCOM:
- Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and business needs to support business needs assessment and developing problem statements.
- Create business requirements, use cases, or user stories as required to represent business needs.
- Conduct requirements analysis across multiple needs to ensure the requirements are reconciled where the business needs overlap or conflict.
- Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
- Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
- Recommend and institute BSA best practice and methodology and tools.
- Perform QA of junior BSA team deliverables.
- Demonstrable effective team leadership and successful delivery of financial and technical performance objectives.
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Senior Business Systems Analyst – SATCOM:
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma with an IT related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Five or more years of experience of working in a similar role and environment.
- Understanding of the Management of Requirements Methodology, ITIL and business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare Business Requirements, use cases, and user stories, functional wireframes, and business and system flow diagrams and modelling.
- Understanding for applications Incl. JIRA, Confluence, Figma, Storyteller, Blueworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience with agile scrum-based delivery would be a significant asset.
- A background in the fixed or mobile telco operator business would be beneficial.