Do you thrive in high-performance environments, building strategic partnerships, and driving operational excellence?
Are you a passionate Senior Buyer and eager to contribute to an industry leader in electro-optics?
Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative design and manufacturing powerhouse specializing in electro-optics, supplying cutting-edge solutions to diverse global markets.
As their Senior Buyer, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping their success to build and strengthen supplier partnerships, ensuring top-quality products and services arrive on time and at the lowest cost. Through continuous improvement initiatives, the successful Senior Buyer will drive an agile and high-performing supply chain network.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Buyer:
- Manage an engineering-based supplier portfolio, forging partnerships that climb the value chain and maximize benefits for both sides.
- Develop and drive strong supply partnerships identifying opportunities to climb the value chain and maximise value added to deliver a high-performing agile supply chain network.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and perform regular risk assessments and supplier audits, ensuring alignment with business goals and resolving issues at their root.
- Identify and develop new supply sources capable of meeting demanding specifications, and commercial needs and help them integrate seamlessly into our network.
- Manage new part introductions and supplier changes, ensuring smooth transitions and minimal disruption.
- Execute change, managing the process of engagement, disengagement and change management.
Essential Skills & Experience for the Senior Buyer:
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in IT and MRP/ERP systems.
- Proven experience in technical, engineering, and machined part buying.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and understand associated manufacturing processes.
Desirable Skills & Experience for the Senior Buyer:
- Experience working within integrated project management teams.
- Expertise in contract formation and construction.
- CIPS level 4 or above qualification.
• 37.5 hour working week and lunchtime finishes on a Friday
• 28 days annual leave
• Christmas closure
• Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
• Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
• Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as You Earn Scheme.
• Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
• Employee discounts scheme (including access to an additional wellbeing hub).
• Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
If your skills and experience match this Senior Buyer opportunity, we encourage you to apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org