Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Ground Segment Software Engineer to design, develop, validate and maintain Ground Segment Software subsystems needed for operating current and future missions.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Ground Segment Software Engineer:
- Design, develop, validate and maintain Ground Segment SW subsystems needed for operating missions.
- Participate in the design of the systems including:
- Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases and stories.
- Development support and solution testing.
- Definition of Software Engineering approaches to apply in the developments
- Participate and or support the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Support in the Mission System Test and or Simulation campaigns.
Skills & Experience required by the Senior Ground Segment Software Engineer:
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Java and or Python programming languages.
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact.
- Team leadership – ability to lead small team of software engineers.
- Software product development experience (requirement, design, development, integration & testing, deployment, maintenance).
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days)
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)