Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Mechanisms Engineer to take the lead on certain aspects of project work and mentor others. The appointee will provide subject matter expertise to the payload team, helping to define and drive the design, development, testing and operations of the unique capture systems for missions.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanisms Engineer:
- Generation of mechanism mechanical requirements (at spacecraft, subsystem, and unit levels).
- Plan and support the design of innovative and new technology and hardware including unit modules, and ground support equipment to meet mission requirements.
- Work closely with Mechanical Analysis and Design Engineers on the structural analysis of flight and mission support hardware.
- Work with AIV team to ensure that mechanism designs consider ease of manufacture, assembly, integration, and test.
- Define and perform hardware-related activities throughout spacecraft design and development, AIV phases, and Launch campaigns.
Experience required by the Senior Mechanisms Engineer:
- Diploma; Bachelor or Master’s degree in mechanisms, mechanical or aerospace engineering, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 5-10+ years’ experience in Mechanism Engineering
- Demonstrable experience of leading on complex, safety-critical mechanism design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, analysis, test, and operations.
- Commercial experience in leading mechanism analysis, design / procurement and test; ideally for spacecraft.
- Proficient using SolidWorks, (other CAD software packages such as CATIA, NX, CREO etc. will also be considered), and PDM.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 9 day working fortnight (opt in/out)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare