Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supplies to various markets across the globe.
Our partner is hiring a Senior Project Manager who will play a pivotal role in ensuring projects stay on track and within budget by managing the entire engineering lifecycle, guaranteeing contract adherence, and closely monitoring financial commitments. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager will serve as a key communicator, bridging the gap between stakeholders and translating contracts and proposals into successful project outcomes.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Project Manager:
- Ensure new projects assigned are launched with due diligence with detailed master schedules, resource forecasts, stage plans, and budgets for each stage as delegated.
- Identify, manage and own all stakeholder engagement, capturing their needs, managing expectations, and keeping everyone informed through organised meetings. Maintain a project logbook of meetings, minutes, important decisions taken and all communications with commercial impact on the business.
- Develop and maintain key project artefacts like the master schedule, project management plan, compliance matrix, work and product breakdown structures, and responsibility assignments, ensuring they stay up-to-date and relevant throughout the journey.
- Liaise with project team engineering leads and department heads to ensure technical processes are followed, critical success factors for the project are identified and managed and accurate demand for resources/skills requirements are identified.
- Vigilantly monitor weekly project costs, reporting errors and potential budget risks to maintain accurate financial positioning for monthly reporting cycles.
- Partner with Finance to prepare monthly project reports, manage revenue plans, update estimates, forecast margins, and provide clear explanations for changes along with recovery/improvement plans where needed.
- Collaborate with management and colleagues to ensure robust controls are in place for production, data management, invoicing, shipping, and export controls.
- Coordinate and gather lessons learned and feedback throughout the project for process improvement and personnel development within the team.
Key Skills and Experience for the Senior Project Manager:
- Great experience in delivering projects.
- Experience in budget forecasting and budget management.
- Experience in project scheduling.
- Experience in creating Project Management Plans to support bids and tenders.
- Procurement and Supply Chain experience.
- 37.5 hour working week and lunchtime finishes on a Friday.
- 28 days annual leave and Christmas closure.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as You Earn Scheme.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
If your skills and experience match this Senior Project Manager opportunity, we encourage you to apply to this advert.