Senior Quality Assurance Engineer – Aviation Technology
Holt Executive are working with a leading technology innovator servicing the global aviation industry, offering cutting edge products to some of the biggest names in commercial aviation.
They are recruiting an experienced Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team in Crawley, West Sussex, to manage, adhere to and improve the business Quality Management System (QMS). The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will monitor, measure and improve the quality and efficiency of internal processes and the quality of supplied parts, ensuring high safety and quality standards are met at all times. The role involves working closely with the Sourcing, Engineering and Production teams and with our suppliers.
Day to day responsibilities for the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer – Aviation Technology:
- Ensuring that the business adheres to the defined Quality Management System processes, work instructions, standards and policies through internal auditing.
- Updating and managing the QMS, improving the processes and work instructions through continual improvement and lessons learnt in conjunction with the process owners to ensure they are efficient, safe, and meet the business need.
- Ensuring the safety of the delivered products including performing safety audits and power on and power off reviews with relevant functional teams throughout the product lifecycle and ensuring that any product hazards are promptly addressed.
- Capturing and analysing defects, rework and rejects with the aim of reducing poor quality.
- Monitoring, reporting, and investigating internal product, production and supplier non-conformances, including investigating root causes and providing countermeasures to eradicate reoccurring issue with verification of effectiveness of correct actions.
- Providing support for external audit bodies (such as ISO 9001:2015), undertaking internal process and external supplier audits as part of an audit programme.
- Supporting the evaluation and onboarding of new suppliers.
- Visiting supplier premises to assess first articles to ensure compliance to appropriate standards & requirements and to support product buy-offs or quality investigations
Knowledge and Skills required by the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer – Aviation Technology:
- Qualifications & experience in manufacturing, production, quality or an engineering discipline to at least graduate level in a relevant field is essential
- Extensive experience in supplier quality assurance processes and in dealing with suppliers is essential
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 quality management system standard is essential
- Extensive experience in auditing (internal, external and supplier) is essential
- Trained/certified lead auditor qualification (CQI/IRQA accredited) is preferable
- An aptitude for problem-solving and use of Quality tools such as 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto etc. Strong written & verbal communication skills