Holt Executive are currently partnered with a market leader across the Satellite Communications industry who are at the forefront of innovation throughout the space sector. To their world-wide partners, they offer unrivalled expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems, covering the entire spectrum on the most exciting global projects in Satellite Communications. Innovation and ingenuity are the leading principles in everything that they do.
They require a versatile Senior Systems Engineer – SATCOM to establish the requirements, design, capacity, performance, verification and operation of satellite communications networks for both commercial and defence customers. Their teams are expanding, and they are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer – SATCOM to provide technical and commercial expertise on exciting projects.
Our partner offers home-based/remote working with limited on-site work in line with project requirements.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Systems Engineer – SATCOM:
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks
- End-to-end communications design and development incorporating RF systems, IP networks, OSS/BSS technology and development
- Requirements analysis and assessment of supplier solutions
- Communications system test strategy development and VV&T plan documentation and test execution in either ground or in-orbit test environments
- Ground segment engineering/terminal design and development
- Communications payload engineering design and test
Experience required by the Senior Systems Engineer – SATCOM:
- Graduate with Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Space System Engineering, Electronics, Communications)
- Experience in Satellite Communications systems engineering, with a knowledge of system design, ground segment design, satellite operations and payload engineering
- Experience in IP networking, protocols and security of data
- Thorough understanding of communications systems and associated engineering concepts
- Experience in developing requirements systems design documentation, test plans and procedures and operational procedures
- Knowledge of software development environments, languages and methodologies