Senior Software Developer – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Senior Software Developer – SATCOM to contribute to the long-term development of software products for the Satellite Control Centre. The Satellite Control Centre monitors and controls a fleet of satellites and ground stations, and the Satellite Operation Support Group is a small team of developers who have built the Ground Control System.
The company offer Hybrid working with a requirement to be on-site (London office) typically one day per week, along with a competitive salary and great benefits.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Software Developer – SATCOM:
- Assist and take the lead in small/medium projects initiated by the SCC or external customers
- Maintain and enhance the SCC scheduling tool
- Get familiar with the Ground Control System product which is a complex system comprising of C++/Java modules
- Join the 24 hour on-call rota for emergency support
- Assist with the testing of any new development
- Write technical documentation/presentation in support of the development/release activities
- Interface with the Satellite Control Department as well as external customers
- Interface with development partners and support integration activities
Knowledge and Skills required by the Senior Software Developer – SATCOM:
- in Computer Science or other STEM discipline
- Familiarity with Linux systems
- Knowledge of configuration control tools (GIT)
- Knowledge of databases (PostGres, Cassandra)
- Knowledge of CI/CD working practice
- Familiarity with web-based interface (Rest)
- Space Domain Knowledge
Please note that UK Security Clearance (SC Level) might be required.
You must also be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.