Holt Executive are partnered with a global aerospace and defence technology innovator who provide advanced defence and commercial technologies to aerospace, aviation, land and sea, delivering solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs.
They require a Senior Software Engineer – Aerospace/Defence to join the team in Hampshire, to develop software for tactical communications products, supporting applications and systems.
Responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer – Aerospace/Defence:
- Software design, implementation and test for embedded systems and application software.
- Building and maintaining development and integration environments.
- Design a DevOps tool chain to deliver target environments, COTS software and patches.
- Management and maintenance of software artefact repositories.
Qualifications/Experience required by the Senior Software Engineer – Aerospace/Defence:
- BEng, BSc, MEng, MSc in a relevant subject with 4+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps methods and tools.
- Knowledge and experience of software configuration management and software artefact repositories.
- Experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux and embedded RTOS).
- Knowledge and experience of UML and associated tools.
- Experience of software integration and deployment.
- Knowledge of scripting and automation.
- Understanding of Virtualisation and Containerisation.
- Knowledge of military communications, networking and IT infrastructure.
- Must hold UK citizenship to have the ability to obtain security clearance.