Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Spacecraft Mission Operations / Preparation Engineer to shape technical solutions for their future missions, develop operations concepts, tools, and prepare the team for mission execution. The candidate will interact extensively with the design and development engineers across functions and support tests conducted in the AIV and operational environments.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Spacecraft Mission Operations / Preparation Engineer:
- Act as an Operations Technical Lead for the mission under development.
- Develop Mission Operations Concept for a standalone mission or a satellite fleet.
- Support the Preparation Team Lead in Operations Development Plan and ensure follow through from Preliminary Design until end of mission.
- Develop Operability requirement and user stories with close coordination with the Flight Operations team and mission segments.
- Contribute to mission interface definitions (e.g. ICDs, data-budget, flight software application)
- Support the satellite simulator development and mission database management.
- Develop test specification, plan and procedure to conduct System Validation Test.
- Support the preparation and participate in Mission Simulation Test or similar system tests.
- Identify and specify tools to support the mission execution (e.g. database tool, trending tool, dashboards, context management etc.).
- Act as a System-Operations teams interface during mission execution (LEOP, Commissioning, Routine, Disposal).
- Support to anomaly resolution of in-flight satellites may be expected, as part of a 24/7 on-call team (TBC).
Essential Skills required by the Senior Spacecraft Mission Operations / Preparation Engineer:
- Engineering, physics or an equivalent degree.
- Several years of demonstrable satellite industry experience in real time operations, spacecraft operations preparation through the complete life cycle.
- Knowledge of space standards (ECSS, CCSDS, ISO).
- Knowledge of mission control systems, SCOS-2000 or similar.
- Experience developing and validating flight procedures.
- Experience of system testing and AIT processes.
- Software coding experience with Scripting languages, e.g. Python, tcl.
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)