Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability to develop spacecraft mission and system design, taking the lead on certain aspects of project work which involves developing scalable solutions across the spectrum of satellite in-orbit servicing, space situational awareness, end of life and active debris removal.
The company offer Hybrid working with a requirement to be on site (Oxford) two days per week, along with a competitive salary and benefits.
Areas of Responsibility for the Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability:
• Development of spacecraft mission and system design including requirements derivation and CONOPS definition.
• Performing mission analysis and modelling of spacecraft missions.
• Production of mission-level test and verification plans.
• Performing feasibility studies into different scenarios and architectures.
• Assisting with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
• Maintaining configuration control of systems work and documentation.
• Working with and guiding a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of projects.
• Assist with writing bids, developing and analysing designs during early phases and then continuing that support into the testing phase with AIT.
• Once a mission is launched, assistance with in-orbit commissioning of satellites support for the spacecraft operations team.
Required Competencies, Experience and Qualifications for the Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability:
• Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering or another relevant discipline.
• At least 10+ years of commercial experience in a Systems Engineering role for satellite platform architecture.
• Knowledge of the systems and project engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification.
• Experience in mission and systems architecture definition, especially understanding of both space and ground segment interaction.
• Good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations.
• Experience in the development of systems engineering documentation working with a Project Manager as needed: requirements, CONOPS, review gate materials, test and verification plans / procedures, DDVP, ICDs, equipment lists, FMECA & FTAs
• Awareness of the AIT process: manufacture, assembly, functional and environmental testing.
• Knowledge of commonly used engineering and modelling packages (e.g. ModelSim, Matlab, STK) and/or coding and scripting languages (e.g. Python)