Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Senior Systems Engineer (Aviation Safety) – SATCOM to work within a small team in the Technology Delivery group who are responsible for the development and implementation of new systems capabilities. The team are a leading force in technology innovation in Aviation Safety Services, and the main focus will be on new and emerging communications and surveillance requirements for Air Traffic Management.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Systems Engineer (Aviation Safety) – SATCOM:
- Maintain a constant watching brief on Air Traffic Management regulatory requirements
- Compile system design requirements for next-generation safety service developments
- Produce system concepts, and candidate architectures and conduct trade-off studies
- Create detailed design specifications/supplier Statements of Work for use in procurements
- Manage suppliers for implementation, verification, and change management of the safety infrastructure
- Define the operational model in planning for service introduction readiness, initial operations, and in-life service management metrics needed to demonstrate compliance with performance standards
Experience required by the Senior Systems Engineer (Aviation Safety) – SATCOM:
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer or Communications science (or equivalent)
- Technically fluent in telecommunications technologies, an understanding of IP-based mobile networking technologies and ideally satellite or mobile communications systems
- Strong analytical capability, able to conduct system engineering and technology trade-offs
- Knowledge of networking technology including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Working in an ISO27000 framework or equivalent
- Good knowledge of software development and engineering techniques
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more SATCOM opportunities in our job section here.