Holt Executive are partnered with a leading Design and Manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supply into a variety of markets across the globe.
They have an immediate requirement for an experienced remote working Senior Systems Engineer who will play a key part in leading the full design and development life cycle of electronic systems, hardware and embedded software.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Systems Engineer:
- Champion the systems engineering discipline within the engineering team, providing continuous improvement to processes, mentoring/training of staff and providing recommendations to the Engineering Director aligned with the Strategic Plan
- Support project managers in the formation of project plans, estimates, identification and management of risk/issues, project reporting and adherence to schedule and cost
- Identify cost and schedule reduction opportunities during project planning and through project lifecycle
- Solicit from stakeholders and derive system level functional and performance requirements at the outset of projects and manage compliance through-life.
- Support the team in the analysis, breakdown and derivation of requirements for lower level subsystems and engineering disciplines
- Provide system architectural designs and trade off analyses
- Take technical leadership of multi-discipline engineering design projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases.
Key Experience for Senior Systems Engineer:
- Strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrable passion for the systems engineering discipline
- Demonstrable understanding and experience in requirements capture and through-life management
- At least 5 years’ experience of systems engineering on multidisciplinary projects
- At least 5 years’ experience of cradle to grave product development, including verification and validation and beyond
- Proven experience of leading and successfully delivering multi-disciplinary projects.
- Design experience in products requiring combined mechanical, electronic and software components.
- Evidence of drive and initiative for continuous improvement